When people are cruising at sea, they can receive help from another boat or ship at any time. In such cases, it is necessary to know some situations to help people who call for help in the best way. Helping a crashed boat is a task that requires care and attention. Failure to act consciously in this process can do more harm than help to the other party.
First of all, when helping someone else at sea, you should avoid situations that endanger your own life. It is very important that you have mastery of some rules and not panic.
In general, you can get a call for help from another vessel at sea;
• When urgent medical assistance is needed
• When the man falls into the sea
• In case of fire in the watercraft
• In case of any collision
• When the vehicle's engine and propulsion systems fail
• You will be able to call for help when the boat is ashore and in many other emergencies.
Before you move to the point where the call comes to help, it is much better to ask people about some issues. Tell the information you need to learn from the boat that calls for help;
• Is anyone injured on the boat?
• Is anyone falling into the sea?
• Is the boat sinking?
• Is there a fire in the boat?
• Can the boat stay on the water for a while?
There are also some points to consider when approaching the boat that calls for help.
• You must first estimate the distance and determine your arrival time.
• You must prepare the necessary equipment during the rescue.
• You must inform the crew onboard your rescue and make the necessary tasks.
• You must be careful of obstacles and objects at sea when approaching the crashing vehicle.
After making the necessary precautions and preparations, you can set out to help the boat. During this period, you should be in constant contact with the accident boat and obtain information about the changing conditions. When approaching the boat, you should make sure that there is someone, especially at sea. Depending on the condition of the boat, you need to start the rescue process quickly by taking the necessary intervention carefully and carefully.
If the problem on the boat is so large that you cannot intervene, you should inform the authorities and make a quick explanation of the boat's condition. Do not perform this operation if the boat needs to be backed up and the equipment at sea is not sufficient. Helping an accident boat is one of those issues that requires serious awareness and experience. Therefore, you should be as careful as possible when processing the process.